Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Faceshop Pro thread closed by staff after degenerating into a flamefest

laslov opened this issue on Jul 17, 2007 · 310 posts

SamTherapy posted Tue, 24 July 2007 at 6:15 PM

Vestmann - I agree that the thread in itself isn't directly useful to anyone wanting to find out how to use Poser but it's one thread out of thousands on this forum.  The fact that it's contained in here and not spilling out into the rest of the place is a good thing, in my opinion.

Besides which, who is to say that the people posting here would actually be doing something more Poer oriented in the forum if they weren't goofing off?  To expect people to post strictly on topic here is unrealistic and I believe it would destroy whatever feelings of communtiy this place has.  Some would argue that there's little "community" in here anyhow, despite what it says at the top of the page.  Strictly on topic forums tend to be dry as old sticks with very little interaction and sharing.  I think this one has mostly got things right.

As for locking a thread when it becomes useless, I believe that can be interpreted as useless when all the posters are doing is trying to tear each other a new one.  At least here we're conducting ourselves in a reasonable manner.

By all means complain to the staff if you must but I honestly think you're wrong to want or expect this forum to be !00% on topic.

By the same token, the posters in this thread - myself included - are always willing to offer help on Poser related stuff if we can.

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery