Forum: Community Center

Subject: So Many "Favorites"..

VelvetMoxie opened this issue on Aug 01, 2007 · 13 posts

VelvetMoxie posted Mon, 06 August 2007 at 4:02 AM

Yes, you do make some interesting points.  I know several members who come here only to appreciate the artwork; in fact I was one of them several years ago.  I can tell you that I am always flattered when someone adds one of my images to their favorites.  Further, I have always been one of those artists who never understood why some are so enfuriated when someone likes their art enough to, say, snag one here and there and use it on their website or even to "tube" an image here and there.  What good is art if you don't let anyone enjoy it?  That being said, I also know that company representatives do come and browse these galleries.  Sometimes they even contact the artist to purchase high-resolution copies for various uses.  Then again, I am not naieve enough to not realize the amount of artwork that is used by those less honest and sold as tube sets, CD collections and a multitude of other things.  While there certainly is nothng wrong (at least in my mind) with someone making multiple favorites or even snagging something here or there for personal enjoyment, when the same person comes around every few months and tags 20-40 images at a time I find it rather unusual and it does raise an eyebrow .