Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Poser 7 SR 2.1 now available!

LostinSpaceman opened this issue on Jul 26, 2007 · 92 posts

XENOPHONZ posted Tue, 07 August 2007 at 11:08 AM

Quote - Maybe its time for someone like Autodesk or Adobe to buy poser.

If Adobe bought Poser, then Poser would cost around $1000.  If Autodesk bought Poser, then Poser would cost around $3000.  So......it's just as well for the sake of the hobbyist market that neither one of those companies have bought Poser.

Poser isn't anywhere near as bad of a software package as some make it out to be.  No -- it isn't MAX: but MAX doesn't cost under $300.  IMO, for what Poser does it's more than worth the pittance that it costs.

Personally, I've had some bumps in the road with Poser 7 -- lke a few crashes back when the program first came out.  But I haven't experienced that again since SR1.  And Poser doesn't have the best rendering capabilities in the world........but that's why a program like Vue is a great addition to Poser.  Vue6I costs considerably more than P7, but if you can afford it: Vue6I can greatly expand your 3D horizons.

By no means is this intended as a slam on Poser -- for what Poser does, and for the small amount of money that it costs: Poser is a fantastic deal.  If all that we had in the 3D world was defined by MAX, Maya, Lightwave, et al.......then most weekend-warrior hobbyists wouldn't be in this game.

Poser is fun.  Or at least it's fun for me.  If I was as miserable over Poser as some others -- then I think that I'd look for another way to invest my time......doing something that I actually enjoyed doing.

Something To Do At 3:00AM