Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Poser Pro

thefixer opened this issue on Aug 07, 2007 · 430 posts

aeilkema posted Wed, 08 August 2007 at 2:22 AM

I don't see the purpose of Poser Pro at all, especially not when D/S, which is geared at the hobby market offers a number of the features for free. I wouldn't be suprised that D/S 2.0 will have 64bit support also.

A good number of the Poser Pro features aren't pro at all, they should be available to everyone, especially if EF wants to stay on top of the hobby market.

BUT..... I don't think they want to do so. I recall Vue making switch a while ago and trying to enter the 'pro-market' with Vue Infinite. With that change of focus, their attitude towards low end users changed also. They still sell low end appliactions, but they don't treat the low end users as they used to do. I really hope that EF will not make the same moves.

To be very honest, I don't even believe there is a pro-market for Poser at all. The majority of users are hobby and semi-pro, for me this is just a way to get more money from the same old users. This version sure doesn't offer enough to be called pro at all, it's more like Poser 7.5. Poser 7 didn't offer enough to be called Poser 7, they should have waited with the release and add this stuff to Poser 7, instead of highly overcharging for a few features.

EF is more and more starting to look like E-On...... milk your customers as much as possible, give them minor updates, but charge them the full price. If this continues, EF will loose the hobby market to DAZ and in the end find that there isn't really a huge 'pro-market' at all, but then it will be too late, all of their customers have gone. Imo this is a bad move, especially since most of the features aren't that pro at all, but should be available for everyone.

Artwork and 3DToons items, create the perfect place for you toon and other figures!

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/index.php?vendor=23722

Due to the childish TOS changes, I'm not allowed to link to my other products outside of Rendo anymore :(

Food for thought.....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYZw0dfLmLk