Forum: Carrara

Subject: Poser 7 support?

mickmca opened this issue on Aug 06, 2007 ยท 14 posts

mickmca posted Wed, 08 August 2007 at 4:57 PM

I've been threatening to back out of P7 to P6 for months, and only held back by laziness and the fact that even though I own two P6 licenses, I can't find the CDs or serial numbers for either of them. I quit doing final renders in P6 soon after I got up to speed with C5P, accepting the compromises on shaders (they don't import correctly, even with TransPoser) as a tradeoff for lights, workspace, and rendering speed that made Poser 6 look like a toy (and at less than twice the price of Poser). Poser Pro is cool, like putting a Bose radio in a Chevy. Whatever turns your crank, kids. If DAZ delivers what it promises, I may not even read the claims about P8, come "Part them with their money" time at eF.

Isn't it too bad, the e-F was in the perfect position to do with Poser and Shade what DAZ has managed to cobble up? My guess is that the best deal DAZ got in five years was the programming team at Eovia, the same people who turned RDS5.5 into Carrara. Think where we'd be today if Metacreations had sold Poser to the Carrara folks.

M