Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Poser Pro

thefixer opened this issue on Aug 07, 2007 ยท 430 posts

destro75 posted Thu, 09 August 2007 at 1:23 PM

I'm with Xenophonz and Gareee on this one. What are people complaining about? They're coming out with an addition to the P7 you already use.

As for "well this 'pro' stuff should be in Poser 7 to begin with." Please. The app's price would have been double what P6 cost you, and you would have had a fit over that.

You know what I think the problem in Poserdom is? The sheer amount of free resources available to the user base. I've noticed this same thing in regard to music and movies ever since the advent of P2P "sharing."

People seem to feel they are entitled to more than they are willing to legitimately pay for. Sorry, but the first responsibility of a business is to make money, not make the user base happy by giving away the store.

If these features are important enough to you, then you'll "find" the money to pay for them, just as you "found" money to pay for P7, which many seem to believe wasn't much more than a P6.5 anyway. (Which itself was supposedly just P5.5, but that's enough of that.) If those features are not important to you, then you get to just stick with Poser 7.

e-Frontier has not left anyone out in the cold. They've simply listened to what the general community wants, and wrote code to fill those desires. Is it any coincidence that the main features of this Pro version are the same ones discussed in the recent survey they conducted?

It's true people will complain about anything, but in this case, it's truly unfounded. e-F is providing a new set of tools on a higher tier for their big product. Maybe they should just go open source and start giving away the software? Would that make people happy?