Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Textures for P4 Lo-res people?

deljs opened this issue on Aug 10, 2007 ยท 34 posts

Joe@HFG posted Sun, 12 August 2007 at 10:27 AM

I'm planning on submitting him to DAZ3D as soon as I finish all his morphs. He's close enough to M3 that if DAZ rejects him, I'll have RTE encode him to M3. He was SUPPOSED to be done by June 31st, but I've been plauged with computer trouble all summer. I've had 3 machine go down for NO LOGICAL reason. Not Power, not OS releated. Just poof. I'm currently working on a 128MB Celeron 1.1Ghz system with 4MB built in graphics :-( Moving vertexs is like play golf. You wak it, see where it lands, and then switch tools to take another hit. I'll see if I can package up an LE version with no morphs for beta testers. One note. Reslo saves on memory not only by lower res body, but by removing his hand articulation. In the final version this will be handled by hand morphs rather than an articulated hand rig. You probably don't realize it, but each hand by itself is just as complex a rig as the rest of the figure without them. 16 joints to push around 208 polygons seems waistful. Reslo also has no toes. Even on M3 the toes aren't articulated, and for the distance he's supposed to be used at it shouldn't really matter. Displace This is an example of M3 in front, and Reslo in back with a custom Displace map to add definition. If I ever get functional again, I'm planing on making and including a series of Displace maps to add defnition to Reslo. It will be an SVG file so you can render it out to any bitmap resolution you want. If there is enough demand, I may try to make toes with a displace map.

mo·nop·o·ly  [muh-nop-uh-lee]
noun, plural mo·nop·o·lies.
1. exclusive control of a commodity or service in a particular market,
or a control that makes possible the manipulation of prices