Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Poser Pro

thefixer opened this issue on Aug 07, 2007 · 430 posts

operaguy posted Mon, 13 August 2007 at 8:44 AM

very succintly put, Dale.

And quite a promise from COLLADA.

For some, like myself, the holy grail is for DazStudio or PoserPro to be a 'character and prop setup' antechamber for an application with larger powers. I would love to open PoserPro, load V4 and M4, perhaps morph their faces into the look I want, then take them into Max or Lightwave or Cinema or yes, Cararra for hair, cloth, skin shader tweak, and then directly to animation, lighting and render.

Both Daz and EF are promising this in the near future through COLLADA. To get mesh, texture maps, shaders (I'd expect to have to adjust) morph targets and rig from Poser into Max would be more than enough. 

My issue with Poser content, however, is two-fold:

1. high poly -- I'd be looking to somehow reduce the poly count of V4
  2. rig -- is it 'a good thing' to want to bring Poser rigging into Max? Will animation in Max require instead a Max biped or Character Studio-native rig.

I am just in my first few days with Max, and it may turn out the it is just as easy to simply tackle a one-time transfer of V4 into Max piece by piece. It is obviously easy to get the mesh over by .obj......can anyone point a way to get the morph target set of V4 over to Max? I guess the gross method would be exporting them as .obj one by one and importing them, if that is possible.

::::: Opera :::::

P.S. noted: kuroyume's system of asset exchange between Poser and Cinema 4D. Very interesting.