Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Poser Pro

thefixer opened this issue on Aug 07, 2007 · 430 posts

XENOPHONZ posted Mon, 13 August 2007 at 3:03 PM

Quote - Maybe Max has solidified in recent releases, but I still hear murmurs of instabilities.  AutoCAD and Max aren't the same thing now, are they?

Yep -- they are different apps.  I recall mentioning that fact in my post.  😉

Like I said -- I am not a MAX user, so I can only go by what I've heard elsewhere.  Some others think that MAX is the cat's meow (so to speak 😉).  The primary thing that's kept me away from MAX is its reported inability to provide an excellent render engine right out of the box without pricey add-ons.  At the cost that MAX goes for, you'd think that it should be able to turn out gourmet meals while rendering & answering your telephone at the same time (so to speak).  But I feel fairly safe in assuming that it's a top-notch 3D modeler.  Much of the industry seems to think so.

Quote - LW is powerful - it has all of the professional features, if you can find them.  It just isn't my cup o' tea. ;)

That I can certainly understand.  And therein lies the essence of the central rub over '3D app vs. 3D app' type debates.  Some people like things to be one way: while others prefer a different way.  IMO, they all have valid points -- under normal circumstances.

Personally, I'll take vanilla.......with chocolate, too.

It's also true......Grant and Lee were both using the dual-interface thingy back around 1862.........😉  I remember reading about it in Lee's memoirs. :biggrin: 

Seriously -- it's just a bit jarring to hear that LW3D is "falling apart", when I've seen effusive praise being heaped on its latest release elsewhere -- with the result that LW comes out covered in glory.  I'm probably correct in my assumption that C4D is covered with glory, too.  Perhaps I'll find out for myself.  I'd even buy Interposer (Intraposer?  Enterposer?) -- one of those.  Based upon what some have said: it must cook gourmet meals & answer telephones, too..........

Something To Do At 3:00AM