Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Poser Pro

thefixer opened this issue on Aug 07, 2007 · 430 posts

XENOPHONZ posted Mon, 13 August 2007 at 4:06 PM

Quote - In regards to LW3D, falling apart was the last state that I remember hearing about. ;)  After the v8 fiasco, things did not get better for a very long time (years).  They lost a ton of users (like me) due to their change of focus - to some evangelical tv thing or whatnot.  v8.5 didn't garner high praise either - but I wasn't even interested by that time.  I think that there was also a flashback to the Amiga (and NewTek started on that system with the VideoToaster): lose focus, lose userbase, lose stocks, board members decide to dump and run.

Don't listen to the hype (which is always gratuitous towards the product).  Get an independent review - someone not already in the same camp.   Try this - the first and last pages say it all:

http://www.cgfocus.com/review/story/130&page=1

http://www.cgfocus.com/review/story/130&page=11

Still the same divided application, same interface, but more problems as NewTek attempts to rub away their tarnished reputation.  Cinema 4D (which also started on Amiga) has never faltered in that way.  R10.0 was a bit buggy (which is new for Maxon), but they relatively quickly rebounded with an update that destroyed the bugs.  In my eyes, I see a app that may swerve a little on its travel down the road and one that drove through some fences and is still looking to get back on the road. ;)

Robert

That's reasonable.  I'll investigate further.  I do know that LW is pretty much the exclusive program of choice for TV shows on the Scifi Channel and elsewhere -- or at least it was the last that I heard.  And much of the praise for LW 9.2 that I've heard has come from current users (not official LW representatives -- workaday users).........who are therefore probably LW partisans.  Which makes their opinions about as reliable as the opinions of C4D partisans. :lol:

I had an Amiga.  Never had the Video Toaster, though -- although I certainly remember the program.  Including a little mini-controversy over what were called "Kiki FX".  Those were the days........

Once again -- lest I be misunderstood -- I am certain that C4D + interPoser is a fantastic setup.  I might end up getting it.  I just enjoy ribbing people.  It's a bad habit.  But I probably won't quit doing it.

Something To Do At 3:00AM