Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Poser Pro

thefixer opened this issue on Aug 07, 2007 · 430 posts

kuroyume0161 posted Mon, 13 August 2007 at 4:30 PM

Same here - I try to use that foot protector over my mouth, but darnit, it doesn't always work. :)

And I'm not pushing one 3D app over another.  As you note, everyone has their reasons for liking one or another.  XSI is a very good competitor to C4D.  Max and LW3D are also, in their own ways.  All different, all different points of view and features.  I always put Maya in its own category with, say, Houdini.  The cost disparity and level of support therein are just not the same as C4D, XSI, LW, Max.  It is a shame that you are required to get Maya Unlimited to get hair and cloth sims - drives home the point that Maya is for studios, dedicated individuals using it for business, or rich people.  Module/plugin options are much better than that direction.

The reason that I support Cinema 4D is more happenstance from when I was looking into that first professional app, I did careful research - Max, Maya, C4D, LW3D were the choices for my price range at the time.  C4D and LW3D were too close to call so I did both.  Maya - expensive with learning curve like an ascending Blue Angel.  Max - somewhat expensive with learning curve and Windows only.  I was happy with both but used C4D more.  But the LW v8 fiasco put me off.  XSI later did a backflip that changed the market - reducing the price and releasing improved versions along with it.  Would still love to have that! :)

C makes it easy to shoot yourself in the foot. C++ makes it harder, but when you do, you blow your whole leg off.

-- Bjarne Stroustrup

Contact Me | Kuroyume's DevelopmentZone