Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Poser Pro

thefixer opened this issue on Aug 07, 2007 ยท 430 posts

Dale B posted Tue, 14 August 2007 at 8:17 AM

It might be more accurate to call some of the attitudes backlash that reverse bias; there have been all too many modellers who have come flaming through the Poser community calling users thieves and liars and cheaters solely because they didn't make the content themselves. I'm an animator; mesh modeling doesn't turn my crank, so for me, a properly rigged useful model is a resource. An actor. You aren't going to be able to charge Turbosquid prices in the Poser community, true. But quality does get to charge more. I point you at Anton Kisiel's excellent Apollo Maximus. While now a free download (due more to Anton deciding to get out of for pay content modelling and doing as a beloved hobby again), when it was on sale it was the most expensive single purchase figure that existed (and might still hold the record). Apollo had a learning curve, as Anton strayed off the standard rigging trail to get more functionality, but it is incredible example of not only modelling, but what this low cost app we use can do with a little creativity. I have hopes for rigging improvements in Pro myself; either weightmapping or runtime sub-D tesselating at the joints. eF has been doing a fairly good job of adding functionality, and better joint action has been one of the most requested. The big problem is figuring out a way to implement better tech without breaking the 2 or 3 terabytes of content out there dependant on the older tech.