Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: how to import in to vue from posere

dolly opened this issue on May 26, 2001 ยท 6 posts

Calseeor posted Sat, 26 May 2001 at 8:28 AM

I also use poser and vue 3. I learned how to export with textures, so maybe this will work for bumps as well. I have not tried yet. What I read in 3d artist magazine said this: Export each model in Wavefront OBJ format, seperatly. When exporting figures for use in Vue, use the default export settings in Poser. It MAY be neccassary at this point to process OBJ files through Steve Cox's freeware UVMapper utility as some third-party props and models haven't given special attention to Matrerial Groups. Once all figures are exported, save your work. Open a new poser scene and delete any figures that may be there. Import all your object files you have created. You must Deselected all the options on the import dialog box except "Make Polygons Normal and Consistent". Once all your figures are back in poser, you may export the scene using the default settings once again, to OBJ format. IMPORTING TO VUE: Before importing to Vue, make sure all your textures are in the same folder as the OBJ files you created. Once they are, just import them and you should be all set. Again, I am not sure about bump maps, but I figured that as this deals with textures, it should also work for bumps. If my memory serves me though, bumps in poser use a bum extension?? If so, they need to be changed to .jpg or .bmp for poser to read them. Sorry this was so long of an explination, I was typing it out of the magazine, as I only have a small amount of experience with it. On a side note, all the figures body parts will be named weird (symbols and stuff) but it is actually easy to see what is what. Hope this helps and if not, that it at least helped you waste a little time reading. :) Take care --Eryk