Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Poser Pro

thefixer opened this issue on Aug 07, 2007 · 430 posts

Penguinisto posted Wed, 15 August 2007 at 2:52 PM

Quote - I have instead a question for you: Tell me what percentage of Poser freestuff posted here doesn't require purchasing anything beyond Poser (or downloading D|S). 

Lelle see, V3 is/was free, and that chick has all the clothes.

You may wish to reach back further... V3 came out awhile after Renderosity was founded ;)

Speakin' of clothes, the majority of free stuff usually consists of textures for V3 clothing, and most of that in turn is purchase-only.

Sorry, but simply blurting V3 won't cut it. Too much room for deconstruction there.

Quote - I hear people complaining all the time how most of the stuff is for V3. So, I'd say majority of the free content doesn't require purchasing anything past the Poser.

Non-sequitur. V3 != all morphs, clothing, accessories, etc etc. made for it.

Unless you're asserting that all things made for V3 are automatically free?

We both know better than that.

Quote - Most pf the props that lot of top vendors tend to give away as freebies don't requre purchases. I was looking at stonemason's freenies for example, none of them require purchase of his other things.

That is a prime example of a "No True Scotsman" argument; you'll have to be a bit more conclusive if you're trying to describe a general thing like "Renderosity's free stuff listing".

Quote - 41 pages of freebies for V3 - that's 1443 items.

...just the default V3, or V3 clothing, V3 hair, V3...? You keep forgetting that lots of folks sell lots of things for V3 in the RMP, no?

IOW, you've used a bad search term to reach an erroneous conclusion.

Sorry to disappoint.

/P