Forum: Community Center

Subject: What Gallery?

Kaji opened this issue on Aug 15, 2007 ยท 13 posts

MikeJ posted Sat, 18 August 2007 at 11:38 AM

Quote - It doesn't :) There is a reason I like this place better than CGS, the people here are nice! ;)

True, for the most part people here are nice, but it depends on what you're looking for when posting something.
personally I like CGS for the honesty you can get there - often brutal, but always accurate. I've posted LightWave WIP's and screenshots of problems there (not under this username), and have gotten replies from "You're going aboiut it all wrong", to, "this sucks, give it up.", and everything in between.
That place has made me want to reach in through my monitor and strangle people at times.
But, they've always been right, after I thought about it for a while, and I've learned far more (and seen others do the same) from those comments as opposed to a thousand "Whoah, dude, this is totally kewl!" comments that one is more likely to get here.
It's all in what you're looking for when posting an image, I suppose - One either wants to build a fan club for oneself, or get some serious feedback from some actual working pros - people in the industry, who really know what they're talking about.
Brutal at times, yes, but the art world in general is brutal.