Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: OT somewhat: Poser --> Major 3D App, XSI earthquake!

operaguy opened this issue on Aug 18, 2007 · 81 posts

wolf359 posted Sun, 19 August 2007 at 2:08 PM

Just One Mans Opinion:
Those Only Looking to get  their content/figures etc away from poser render engine
(Undertstandable)

1.)should look first at the apps that "officially" support
the esoteric format of poser figures natively
VUEI and the new Carrara looks promising

2.)Look second at Third party plugins that offer EFFECTIVE GATEWAYS to other Application environments
An "effective" gateway in my opinion is one that imports the content with the highest amount of original functionality( Functional morph dials,conformers and application of Mat poses,still and animated poses)
it  is no secret by now that based on this standard,
Cinema4D with IPP Clearly defeats ALL others  in release
including the pranksters at Reiss studio and yes even the
impending "poser pro7"
both of whom only offer "hosting"
EF  themselves Confirmed this at Siggraph ,"poser pro7" will be "hosting" content for rendering only
NOT transferring it to the other application
any changes to the "guest figure" need to be done in poser and resaved updated etc..
and be assured that a simple Point upgrade release from autodesk,maxon etc applied to the "host App" will very likely BREAK  the poser pro importer. its propack4 redux.

3.) "Im going to buy this high end production pipeline solution
      and use the wholly untested "collada" exporter to get my poser fig over to X app with least her bones in place and figure it out from there "

Fine... good luck brave soul but be aware that you will likely spend many hours trying to force this high end app to play nice with a "rig" it was NOT designed to drive  and many more hours being insulted  and discouraged by  Online Snobs ,who use those apps, who will,at worst, repeatedly berate you with statements like:
"You spent $2000 just to try and render that nekkid "V" chick
in this powerful pro level  blah blah......"

the most polite of them will kindly suggest you learn your modeling and rigging tools and build a "proper rig".

4.)Give up this folly render everything in poser and be patient  get better/more hardware etc etc

Just FYI Im not some opinionated newbie to this subject
lve been using poser since "Fractal designs poser 2" and searched  MANY years in earnest for alternative render from bryce 2 on up.

I have MAXON Cinema4D Full With bodypaint,mocca clothilde, advanced renderer sketch&toon+IPP,
Poser 6 with puppet master
Wardobe Wizard and Poser Physics.
Vue5 Easel
DAZ studio 1.7 with FBX
Adobe CS2
Adobe After Affects 6.5
Adobe premiere 6.5 OSX
Autodesk combustion 2
Apple Final Cut pro 4 with compressor
Apple DVD Studio Pro2 Volume License
Toast Titanium7

im 43 and done!!
Not another penny chasing the "Grail"
at some point you have to commit to your work/hobby and use what you have.

Apologies in advance for the semi rant

When a 3D mesh becomes a rightously defended personification of your personal desires
It has become an IDOL and YOU have become its worshipper,slave and servant
-Tain-

My website

YouTube Channel