Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: OT somewhat: Poser --> Major 3D App, XSI earthquake!

operaguy opened this issue on Aug 18, 2007 · 81 posts

operaguy posted Mon, 20 August 2007 at 9:15 AM

Yes, I don't like agreeing with Wolf either! Good thing his 'better self' PJZ is in this thread! Let's agree to agree with her/him.

First, I never discounted Modo; I'm very tempted to go for the current path to get to the full new 301 for $434. My question in general about the stand-alone modelers was: why do people use them if there is great modeling onboard the main application? Devil'sReject helped me understand that for zbrush very well. Why do you use Modo when you have Maya?

Second, thanks for the advice about Poser mesh into the other apps. Along with discarding 'hosting' I have pretty much already given up on that idea for rigged human models -- unless I get hooked on Cinema. My current self-study as we speak is MakeHuman mesh into Max and learn Max rigging.

My intended use? More than a website with odd freelance work, but less than a firm with clients over the shoulder; my only client is myself. It's for animated and partially animated adult fiction multimedia, on a for-profit basis. First film (8 minutes) is in production now, in Poser and AfterEffects. That's "adult" as in 'grown-ups.'

I am looking into the Vray-with-Max pricing, if any.

::::: Opera :::::