Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Poser Pro

thefixer opened this issue on Aug 07, 2007 · 430 posts

XENOPHONZ posted Wed, 22 August 2007 at 12:56 AM

In the past, whenever I've had issues with a given Poser scene -- I'd estimate that approx. 90% of the time the problem cropped up at the end of the scene-creation process: during the final rendering stage.  This can be quite frustrating.  You've spent a considerable amount of time in tweaking a scene until it's just so.......and then the render dies about halfway through.  Or else the render won't even begin.  Or else -- as I've had happen also -- the scene will render out to 95% complete, and then stop cold & refuse to go any further.

None of these things make for a pleasant experience.

I need to add this caveat: it's likely that 90% of Poser users will never see any problems of the kind that I've listed above.  I tend to do scenes with multiple Mil figures and lotsa background props.  A lone V4 with hair & great shaders typically shouldn't take very long to render.  But throw in a house, cars with drivers visible on the street outside of the window, plants, other houses, several other Mil figures in the room, furniture, etc., etc. -- and then Poser's renderer starts to yell "Uncle!".  Even on a PC with plenty of system resources.

I support Poser and ef -- and I think Poser is great.  But I will readily acknowledge legitimate limitations.  And Poser's rendering capabilities have limitations.  All softwares do, of course -- but Poser starts to hit its limits at a lower level than some others.

Once again: Poser Pro might serve to fix that.

Something To Do At 3:00AM