Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Poser Pro

thefixer opened this issue on Aug 07, 2007 · 430 posts

aeilkema posted Wed, 22 August 2007 at 4:43 AM

*What if these critics were to yeild to what Poser does well, the simple portrait or body study of a human model with a non-complex background? I think you begin to level the playing field.

Sorry to say so, but Poser is capable of much more then that. We're not using Poser 1 anymore..... we're on Poser 7 these days and Poser 7 should be able to handle complex scenes, not a one figure render with a simple background only and that is not what EF has been improving Poser for all this time. It's obviously they want to break away from the nviatwas images mentality and improve Poser in such a way that it will be capable of much much more. You may use Poser for nothing more then that and that's fine, but don't day that Poser these days is intended for only that. You don't need Poser 7 for that, Poser 3 will suit that need just fine.

Granted, EF hasn't arrived yet, but they're heading in the right direction. Poser is growing and improving to handle larger scenes and if you go from P4 to P6 you'll be able to handle a lot more. The only real problem is the way the firefly engine has been implemented seems to be holding Poser back from what it really can do. I personally believe that the firefly engine could be optimized much more.

It may sound odd, but whenever I'm rendering larger scenes, I revert back to the P4 render engine. I know the quality is less, but it allows me to render much larger scenes then Firefly. I need to lower the settings of firefly so much that the quality becomes unaccepetable, so instead I use the good old P4 rendering engine. Capable of handling large scenes, quality ok and a lot faster.

But.... I rather use Firefly, but to do so it needs to become a lot faster and able to handle larger scenes without compromising quality and loosing lot's of rendering speed. It's kind of odd that to use all of Poser's new power, I still need to revert back to the old rendering engine, because the new one can't handle it. Shouldn't be like this.

Artwork and 3DToons items, create the perfect place for you toon and other figures!

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/index.php?vendor=23722

Due to the childish TOS changes, I'm not allowed to link to my other products outside of Rendo anymore :(

Food for thought.....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYZw0dfLmLk