Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Poser Pro

thefixer opened this issue on Aug 07, 2007 · 430 posts

kuroyume0161 posted Wed, 22 August 2007 at 4:50 PM

You shouldn't need the 3GB switch to get it seen by Windows XP Pro SP2 - it already supports it and I see 3GB without any switch on my system.  But it is a dual Xeon, so it may be required for a single cpu system (shrug).

All you need to do is make the Boot.ini file writable, add some switches, save, and make unwritable - all done (after a reboot of course):

multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Professional" /fastdetect /NoExecute=OptIn
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Professional 3GB" /fastdetect /NoExecute=OptIn /3GB
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Professional PAE" /fastdetect /NoExecute=OptIn /PAE
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Professional 3GB+PAE" /fastdetect /NoExecute=OptIn /3GB /PAE

There are two options: 3GB and PAE.  Some systems require one, the other, or both to get the memory seen in Windows.

Of course, if not using Poser 7, you'll need to proceed with Stefan's modifications to the Poser.exe.

C makes it easy to shoot yourself in the foot. C++ makes it harder, but when you do, you blow your whole leg off.

-- Bjarne Stroustrup

Contact Me | Kuroyume's DevelopmentZone