Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Poser Pro

thefixer opened this issue on Aug 07, 2007 · 430 posts

kuroyume0161 posted Thu, 23 August 2007 at 12:11 PM

Thus is the state with the internet and being spoiled price-wise.  When you can get an internet account for $9.95/mo or buy stuff online for cut-rate prices and heavy discounts and then download it for immediate gratification, this is what you get.  What people don't get is that there is always a source of income somewhere - even if it isn't directly from the customer.  Usually, it is from advertising (click my annoying link, please - NOW!) or from other ventures.  And then you have the dollar stores, Walmart, TJMaxx, and so on who buy in super-bulk to get bulk rates and skimp in other areas (employee wages, perhaps) to sell items at amazingly low costs.

Heck, it's software - you only have to write it once, right?  Why should I pay somebody to write a program once and sell it multiple times at such high costs! (sarcasm there)  And adding new features should only take a day or two!  How hard can it be? ;)

I think people need mandatory computer programming courses in high school.  Then they would begin to understand that people have made careers decades long working on these 'oh-so simple' things.  If it were so simple, it'd be called 'computer poetry', not computer SCIENCE.

C makes it easy to shoot yourself in the foot. C++ makes it harder, but when you do, you blow your whole leg off.

-- Bjarne Stroustrup

Contact Me | Kuroyume's DevelopmentZone