Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: postwork abuse

dogor opened this issue on Aug 23, 2007 · 62 posts

XENOPHONZ posted Thu, 23 August 2007 at 5:48 PM

Quote - As far as the product pic I posted, it does say it's a simulation only. Why couldn't they use real photos of before and after? Could it be because they couldn't get results that good in real life? 

Very likely not.  At least not without surgery.  And that's why such advertisements are deceptive.  They prey on people's vanity and create false hopes.

Quote - I'm just saying unaltered origanal face value work has value. What a difference!

It depends upon how you define "original face value work".  That statement could be interpreted in any number of different ways.  "Original face value" might be interpreted to mean the way that a person looks immediately after they wake up first thing in the morning.  While some might believe that such an unretouched appearance is somehow more "honest" -- I personally prefer it after they've postworked themselves by brushing their teeth, showering, washing their hair, putting on makeup (for the girls) and gotten ready for the day.  What a difference!

Postworking in such a context is a perfectly legitimate thing to do.  It's also perfectly legitimate in other types of artistic endeavors -- liike 3D work.

Creating a model in one application, and then applying textures to the model in a different application could be defined as "postwork".  But without such postworking -- all that you'd have would be a bare model -- likely with no life to it.

Something To Do At 3:00AM