Forum: Blender

Subject: Blender rendering options and skin with sss

kobaltkween opened this issue on Aug 22, 2007 · 16 posts

Gog posted Fri, 24 August 2007 at 2:40 AM

Quote - wow, thanks so much for the file!  that's above and beyond.   and your workflow is pretty much what i was tentatively setting as a goal.  i figure it will be quite some time before i acheive a working understanding of  lights and materials in either blender or indigo, but it seemed like a good plan.   i have a few questions:

do you find it easier or more efficient to supplement your blendigo exported xml files with hand coding?

does blendigo port blender sss to indigo sss, or does the indigo sss need to be hand coded?

can you do anything else while rendering with indigo, or does it take up all processing power and RAM?

have you ever used indigo to render something at 2000px or larger?  if so, how long did it take?   if not, how long on average do your indigo renders take now?

I rarely change the files that come from Blendigo other then minor tweaks as I like to use the export and instant render., BUT you need to play with blendigo for a while until you understand how the settings relate between blendigo and igs.

The SSS isn't picked by blendigo very weell (yet) so I ahnd change it in blendigo before the export to igs.

If you have a single core machine indigo will use all resource, on a multi-core it won't, but it does use multiple cores - and defaults that way with the latest test release (v9.06). Biggest I have rendered is at 3200x2400 and it was 24 hr render on my old (spare) machine - Athlon xp 2500..

I currently use blendigo 9 .4s and indigo v9.06 with blender 2.44

----------

Toolset: Blender, GIMP, Indigo Render, LuxRender, TopMod, Knotplot, Ivy Gen, Plant Studio.