Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Poser Pro

thefixer opened this issue on Aug 07, 2007 · 430 posts

kuroyume0161 posted Fri, 24 August 2007 at 5:47 PM

You know that I was kidding. ;D

One can only hope on collision detection with cloth/hair sims.  As I said, it may be that if you can use proxies instead of the heavy figure geometry, the sims would be much faster.  Would be nice though if the speeds were increased to period or historical times nonetheless.

This time 'round, I'll let everyone try out the Pro version and see how it fares.  Currently moving my mega-monster system to a new mega-monster system.  We're talking about 250GB of data and 100 apps to install - some on two OSs.  I tried just plopping the data drives (IDE) in but since the boot drives are SATA, no go.  This would mean reinstallation of the OSs with the SATA drivers at hand (yada yada).  My fault - should have discussed this with my techy builder so that IDEs wouldn't cause this situation.  But SATA all the way is fine with me - just slow in migration.

Despite my ofttimes nasty attitude towards Poser ;P I think that nothing has been better for it than having switched hands over to e-frontier.  They really seem to be progressing the application by leaps and bounds.  Previous owners sat on their laurels for the most part while the rest of the world moved into new realms.

C makes it easy to shoot yourself in the foot. C++ makes it harder, but when you do, you blow your whole leg off.

-- Bjarne Stroustrup

Contact Me | Kuroyume's DevelopmentZone