Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Poser Pro

thefixer opened this issue on Aug 07, 2007 · 430 posts

Penguinisto posted Fri, 24 August 2007 at 6:02 PM

Quote - You know that I was kidding. ;D

One can only hope on collision detection with cloth/hair sims.  As I said, it may be that if you can use proxies instead of the heavy figure geometry, the sims would be much faster.  Would be nice though if the speeds were increased to period or historical times nonetheless.

True, but when I'm seeing stuff like this:

http://www.humus.ca/index.php?page=3D&ID=45

...umm... It leads me to wonder :"WTF have we been doing wrong all this time?"

( I know, I know: Yes it's OGL so software-only won't work, yes it's ultra-low in actual cloth calc points (4, to be exact)... but what would be so impossible about having a binary NURBS-like clothing object with relatively few handle-points to calc from? The only real bitch is that existing clothing would be pretty worthless.)

Quote - This time 'round, I'll let everyone try out the Pro version and see how it fares.

Agreed - a couple of hundred bucks for ...?

Nuh-uh. I'll wait to see what it actually provides, first.

I mean, I'd stump for it if they built a Linux version and all, but otherwise there's no really compelling feature there.

Quote - Previous owners sat on their laurels for the most part while the rest of the world moved into new realms.

Yep.

Me, I'm just waiting until that Kai-Krause inspired nightmare is pounded into something a bit more machine-friendly.