Forum: Community Center

Subject: What is this "Friends" thing and how does it work?

Lyne opened this issue on Aug 23, 2007 · 27 posts

StaceyG posted Fri, 24 August 2007 at 7:52 PM

Quote - what is a Friendslist and what is it for?

Category: Site Mail

Viewed 21 times

Asked at 6:50 pm on Wednesday, August 22, 2007

I just received a Friendslist request in my sitemail.  What is this feature and what does it do? I don't see it anywhere and my searches have turned up nothing.  This should be documented in the FAQs.

Last modified 2007-08-23 06:42

Response

This feature allows you to add your friends here at Renderosity to your homepage.

Answered 2007-08-23 06:42 / last modified 2007-08-23 06:42

**TO ADMINISTRATION:  Hello. I copied and pasted the above from the FAQ area. I, too, would like this FRIENDS LIST explained to myself and for others. Would that be possible?

(1) How is it different from making someone here a FAVORITE Artist?

(2) Is there any benefit to using this?

(3) Will I and others continue to get Friends List IM's whether we want to have ANY Friends List or not?

(4) Can any member DECLINE to participate in it if so desired?

Thanks, in advance, for any/all help. MUCH appreciated. My best, TallPockets.**

1.  The favorite artists is for artists that you want to follow their latest uploads and receive the ebot to see when they upload a new image.  The friendslist is more of a personal thing and I see it as for members that you have become your "online friends" you communicate with here at Renderosity. You can easily click to go to their homepage to communicate with them if they are on your friendslist.  Sometimes fav artists might be someone that you don't really "know" but just like to watch their uploads

1. Sure there is if you want it to be. You can easily get to their homepage to communicate with them. Its a fun factor thing and simply but just a way to keep all your online "friends" in one place.

3.  You can deny any friends request you want but yes members can send you a request and you will get a sitemail when they do. Its your choice whether you want to have a friendslist or not. I'm sure if you decide you don't want to join in the fun, then it won't take long for others to see you have nobody on your list and you won't get anymore sitemails because they will see that you don't want to participate.

1. Sure you can by denying requests and just not participating.  Just delete the sitemails as they come in .