Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: postwork abuse

dogor opened this issue on Aug 23, 2007 ยท 62 posts

kalon posted Fri, 24 August 2007 at 9:32 PM

Quote - I'm merely suggesting that your initial conclusion is extreme. Yes, in princible, I agree : People are selling us the impossible, the unatainable and making us chase some perverse ideal that can never be reached. But to say that all postwork is bad, is to my view extreme. But human beings are capable of telling the difference between what's real and what's not, otherwise we couldn't tell when we are sleeping and when we are awake. Luckily most of us have friends who we can look to, when we need to be reminded of what's real. None of my friends look like underwear models and neither do I. Fantasy in itself is not unhealthy, sometimes escapism can help in dealing with the ordinary and the mundane. We have the ability to tell the difference between the real and the dream, we just need to use this ability better these days. But the ability is there.

Kill your God, Kill your TV- like Marilyn Manson said.

Well, I took dogor's initial post as the bait to get the discussion going...

As for human beings being capable of telling the difference between what's real and what's not... I disagree. At least once a month there's at least one email sent around with pictures of something or another-- most people accept it as fact and forward it to everyone they know, a few people suspect photoshop and some just aren't sure. And that's the scariest part, the uncertainty. Is it real? Maybe, maybe not.

And you may set yourself up as the most discerning eye on the planet, but when you are fooled-- and you will be, how will you know?

kalonart.com