Forum: Vue

Subject: Terragen vs Vue

chippwalters opened this issue on Aug 20, 2007 ยท 115 posts

chippwalters posted Sun, 26 August 2007 at 4:39 PM

Quote - Chipp...It was converting a 16bit RAW image from Terragen to 16bit tiff in PS that gave me pause...but then I've been having a whole weekend of senior moments lol......

Mark, you're too young to be having 'senior moments!'

Here's how to export from Terragen 0.9x

1. First set the size of the terrain you wish to export. Click the "Size..." button in the Landscape window and choose the size you wish to export to. I recommend at least 513, preferably higher. Write down the value you choose. Note: the free version of Terragen 0.9x only support resolutions no greater than 513.

2. Generate a terrain. I like the default "Subdvide & Displace II" method. Then press the "Export..." button. Choose "Raw 16 bits Intel Byte-Order" from the "Export Method" dropdown. Press "Select File and Save..."

3. Launch Photoshop and choose open, and select the .raw file you just created.

4. It should open the file and automatically select the correct dimensions for you. You need to set the Count to "1" and the Depth to "16 Bits" and the Byte Order to "IBM PC". Then press OK.

5. Now you can check the image under Photoshop's Image menu -> Mode -> Grayscale and 16-bits should be selected. Just save as a 16-bit TIFF from here and open as per above in Vue.

HTH, Chipp