Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Poser Pro

thefixer opened this issue on Aug 07, 2007 ยท 430 posts

Penguinisto posted Sun, 26 August 2007 at 4:47 PM

Stewer: I know ab't the checkbox in the item Properties tag... OTOH, I never knew you were converting it into a pure NURBS object - is that what you're truly doing with it? If so, I am curious - what's the big holdup? I'm not asking to be snide, I want to know (out of curiousity's sake) what steps are occurring during 'clothification' and collision detection - I can take some decent guesses by now, but I also know there would be some gaps in the process that I don't quite grok if I were to guess. Between my own research on the subject and seeing what others out there have done, you've apparently got some big bottlenecks in there that need to be opened up. -- PJ: You pointed out another niggle of mine :) Incidentally, the simulation I pointed to at humus.ca isn't an animation - it's all being calculated and rendered (and dynamically lit as well) in real time. Meanwhile, a miniskirt prop for V3took 5 minutes (?!) to calculate collisions against... a 'floor' made from a large simple low-poly square. A dual Mac G5 + 2GB of RAM, in spite of its relative age, isn't exactly low-end hardware, y'know? --

Quote - " So don't say you could product B5 on a $200 system.. then as today, you needed state of the art hardware and software, and the costs were FAR from consumer based."

...umm, I've heard this argument before... typed at CGTalk, in reference to Poser users. You sure you want to go there? -- /P