Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Poser Pro

thefixer opened this issue on Aug 07, 2007 ยท 430 posts

Penguinisto posted Mon, 27 August 2007 at 12:12 PM

Quote - > Quote - I know ab't the checkbox in the item Properties tag... OTOH, I never knew you were converting it into a pure NURBS object - is that what you're truly doing with it?

REYES renderers dont actually render polygons, they render what are called bicubic patches.

That's cool - I mean no offense here, but we aren't talking about "render" in the same sense. When I say "render" in this context, I mean what the active workspace window throws onto the screen via the vidcard's GPU, not what gets finally calculated and fixed into a potential .jpg/.psd/.mpg/etc. A 3d programmer knows that the word has two different meanings - one is the big fat process at the end that most folks here are familiar with when the word "render" is written; the other (what I'm referring to) is more akin to getting the information thrown onto the screen and back to the engine as a "work-in-process" representation of where all those little vertices are and how they're lit. OTOH, most folks in here prolly don't know the difference offhand... my bad. The point I'm getting at is this: there is collision detection that can be done and represented in realtime (as in the humus.ca example), while even with Poser-like clothing, it can probably be done in far, far faster times than what we're seeing right now. Perfect example: if your NURBS-capable modeller has a "drape" function - try it out... in pure NURBS, it's damned fast... add a bit of constraint on half-edge lengths (so it didn't distort down to the floor), and it would be a golden example of what dynamic clothing could be. /P