Forum: Community Center

Subject: What is this "Friends" thing and how does it work?

Lyne opened this issue on Aug 23, 2007 · 27 posts

drawbridgep posted Tue, 28 August 2007 at 8:10 AM

I can see the point of the friends list, but I see it going the same way as myspace, and DAZ's artzone, it will be a "how many friends can I get added" competition.  Which is fine, easy enough to decline, but I noticed you have to open each email in order to get rid of the "email waiting" flashing thing.  I already have requests from people I haven't heard of, and I'm not familiar with their work try and add me.  To start with I was just accepting anyone, but I've changed my mind on that point now.

It's a nice option and I do have friends here, few of whom I email on a regular basis and rather chat with live in IRC.

Would it be possible to make the sitemail request come from renderosity and, like forum replies, it won't send multiple email if you have one waiting?   The email would just say "You have friends requests waiting"

OR even better, **how about a line below site mail that says something like "new friends requests" and we don't get an email at all. **  Actually, I prefer that idea.  

AND on another point, how about an option to get sitemail, or at least notification sent to regular email.   I don't often check my photography page here and miss a load of email.

Thanks

---------
Phillip Drawbridge
Website 
Facebook