Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Poser Pro

thefixer opened this issue on Aug 07, 2007 · 430 posts

XENOPHONZ posted Wed, 29 August 2007 at 12:37 AM

Quote - Unfortunately, the 64-bit processor/OS is still a fringe market.  There are more people moving to them lately, but not enough for most companies to make an effort - see most similar complaints about MacOS support.  It'll probably be a couple years before the conversion is enough to warrant such support.  That said, some companies aren't waiting and have already provided such support - like 3DSMax and Cinema 4D.

To emphasize the fringeness of 64-bit OSs at this time, not even Apple will bend to create a 64-bit version of QuickTime which, for its ubiquitousness, is appalling!

I agree with this 100%.  64-bit is doubtless the wave of the near future, but it's not in common use yet.  I wonder if 128-bit will already have arrived on the horizon for general use by the time that most everyone finally switches over to 64-bit............

Most of the people that I know who have 64-bit OS's end up with some software incompatibility problems.  Others get around the difficulties by using a dual-boot setup.

64-bit Poser is actually a 'bit' ahead of the game, IMO.

Something To Do At 3:00AM