Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: If you are into Realism in CGI...

richardson opened this issue on Aug 26, 2007 · 61 posts

Tiari posted Wed, 29 August 2007 at 11:00 AM

Though I have kudos for the amount of work involved in this image (just finally saw it, been offline for a while doing a lot of stuff), I can't exactly jump on the bandwagon of "the best CGI I've ever seen.".     Granted I cant "DO" better, but i have seen better.  

Again, great work, but some things on looking at it throw it off, and actually scream "not photograph" right off the bat.  These might be technical overlooked errors.  The chair in particular, i noticed right away.  the bottom is fine, very 3d, but teh back in which her hands rest on seems part of the wall and very flat.  Like that hand was "pasted" on a flat 2d image. I'm sure its not, just looks that way.

I have to agree, the head and body don't seem to match, as if two different images are there, and the CGI'ness really shows up past the waistline down.  The panty part doesnt seem as photo quality as the top of the outfit as well.

Again, maybe the voice of dissent in the crowd, and its sure better than any CGI I could do, but even on first quick glance it neither seemed a straight photo, nor straight CGI to my eyes.