Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: If you are into Realism in CGI...

richardson opened this issue on Aug 26, 2007 · 61 posts

richardson posted Wed, 29 August 2007 at 2:08 PM

:) It's the thread that refused to die,,, I should give a "kitty" a pet for that,,,*

Would some one isolate the factors in this image that lend it photographic credibility?
momodot, If you're asking me,,,

*One thing is; Poser does not blend mesh or texture in a render. What I mean is, the render bucket registers: face tex, face tex, Stop. Eye tex, eye tex, stop. Cornea tex, Stop...(I'm not a programmer)

I mean to say,,, there is no averaging between meshes or their textures. It goes Red, Red, Black(stop), White, White, White... There is no transitional Pink. Nature blends these details to our eye in the form of Dof, reflection, scatter, proximity shading(AO), shadows... to name a few. When 2 white boxes are put together, the line we (usually) see is grey, Not black. I see separate objects in equal resolution in most renders.  Poser and other apps need tons of info to get past this.

Some of the best parts of that render (to me) are the seamless blend of separate meshes into each other. Also its proper resolution. I mean,,, you cannot count the threads on her corset or strands of her hair at this focal distance. But it's there. Pointilism, Impressionism really played with this. Again, we forget how little we can actually focus on in real life. Renders freeze "real" life with everything in focus. True,, you can choose what to focus on but you loose an important element for realism.

The subject matter is counter-academia and this is what made it shine so much. Being human is important, too.  Skin is still one of the most difficult things to simulate. But once these little obstacles are surmounted, many avenues will open up for film, tv, gaming, hobbies and poserites (separate catagory).

Edit to add: This render was moved to the CG Choice Gallery. 60,000 views in a few days. Gotta love it