Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: OT Leaving Poser...FOREVER!!!!

wolf359 opened this issue on Sep 02, 2007 ยท 115 posts

Penguinisto posted Mon, 03 September 2007 at 1:24 PM

Quote - Well you can't blame people for wanting to try to move Poser figures into other apps, because frankly your options are terrible otherwise.

...don't forget the money. A typical user has invested hundreds, if not thousands of bucks, into their digital Barbie Doll sets - me included. Now me, I have managed to shift my investment into use with D|S and such (mostly by avoiding Poser-only features, such as dynamic stuff). I see the same arguments in the whole Linux vs. Windows arguments... folks have a ton of apps that they have accumulated data and money in, that only work in Windows. Thanks to WINE, Crossover Office, etc etc, most of that has been resolved. Apple has managed to somewhat overcome the same obstacles with Parallels. OTOH, Things get obsolete. Posette ain't the main gig anymore. Neither is V1 or V2. Over time, things will change. (as for transferring lighting? LOL! man... even my ancient copy of Carrara 1.1 has lighting --not counting IBL-- that kicks the sh!t out of Poser's... /P