Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: OT Leaving Poser...FOREVER!!!!

wolf359 opened this issue on Sep 02, 2007 · 115 posts

moogal posted Mon, 03 September 2007 at 4:54 PM

Quote -

Like most major 3D packages, Carrara has it's own internal rigging system and morphing system. Now it has it's own dynamic hair. I hope to see dynamic cloth in the near future (someone will make a plug-in then in the next version it will come standard). As with other software these functions ARE NOT the same as Posers functions, however DAZ has gotten them to be fairly interchangable, much more than you find with software like Lightwave, or Studio Max, can;t speak for C4D as that seems to have a fairly reasonable ADD ON plug in to use Poser stuff.

Dynamic cloth was planned to be in version 6 but was delayed.  It will be made available as a set of plug-ins for Carrara and Studio.  There will be a free verson which will allow you to load and use premade cloth objects.  There will be a fairly cheap version of the plug-in which will alow limited modification of existing cloth objects, and finally a higher priced developer plug-in to allow full cloth object creation.  I think coordinating the plug-in development between Carrara and Studio, to keep the content compatible between them, was a factor in the delay, but I may be wrong.