Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: OT Leaving Poser...FOREVER!!!!

wolf359 opened this issue on Sep 02, 2007 · 115 posts

moogal posted Mon, 03 September 2007 at 5:09 PM

Quote - If we could get Poser's basic functionality combined with C6Pro's renderer together in one program -- I'd be pleased with that.  As well as with the built-in ability to 'talk' to highend apps, of course.

Poser Pro? (question mark).

I think you should give C6 a look.  I've been seeing good C6 renders in the forums over there already.  Some people just aren't having the problems others are making the huge fuss over.  Yes, certain figures do not work yet with C6.  These figures are being reported in hopes that the cause can be found.  Yes, Poser 7 scenes can cause problems.  This has been tracked to  a change in lights between P6 and P7, and some users have managed to get their scenes in after running a delete light script in Poser and resaving.  Other problems have had to do with broken texture references, unusually long, strangely named or nested runtimes, which shouldn't be too shocking given the problems Poser has had itself with these things.

The most encouraging words came from a beta tester who basically said that most of the problems people are having getting Poser content into Carrara will be forgotten once they start actually using Carrara.  People are getting their content in and there are renders to prove this.  The tricks and workarounds will become common practise in time, but it's not surprising that so much is being made of Carrara's shortcomings when so many people are initially using it at the same time and most all of them are trying to attempt the same problematic things.  

I'll be installing it soon, so let's hope I'm not being overly optimistic.