Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: OT Leaving Poser...FOREVER!!!!

wolf359 opened this issue on Sep 02, 2007 ยท 115 posts

Penguinisto posted Tue, 04 September 2007 at 8:55 AM

Quote - I was refering to work arounds for known bugs. Not for user error.

The sad part is, in many cases so am I. Take for instance the Firefly rendering engine... most folks are stuck with using it, because (as quoted directly): "I dont use anything else for rendering but Poser. No other program makes Poser file extensions except Poser" ...which on the surface is true. For a simple workflow, most folks aren't going to want to sit there and export to .obj, or use another program's import functions (which can read .cr2 and other Poser-specific files), etc. Exporting/importing is in reality a workaround to avoid the limitations and yes, bugs in Firefly. It is also a workaround to avoid the limitations in Poser itself (atmospherics, terrains, lighting, etc). > Quote - An example would be Hex 2.2 changing the order of verts and having to use a work around to fix the problem in order to use it. There are quite a few users that like to shout you down and tell you that there is no need to fix it because of the workaround. Companies can use that as an excuse to not fix the bug. Or they will but charge you for it. Hex 3.

Exactly. > Quote - I'm real glad I'm waiting for the last day of the sale before I buy. Some of the issues should be addressed as to what is going on by then, plus I may not have to wait days after buying to DL.

I figure I'd hang out and see how it turns out. I learned the hard way about being an early adopter in 3D stuff by way of Poser 5. /P