Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: OT Leaving Poser...FOREVER!!!!

wolf359 opened this issue on Sep 02, 2007 ยท 115 posts

grichter posted Tue, 04 September 2007 at 5:30 PM

Quote - Hrm. All but one of those can be rectified on my part by using D|S to import previous Poser-only files. Then again, the vast majority of stuff that I use is D|S only nowadays. When you say you cannot pose eyes, in which way do you refer - specific dials, .pz2 files, ...? Dunno about the multiple monitors thing - then again, in what way is that broken? You cannot span the main window, or you cannot have the tools on one monitor and the main window in another? Transposer2 should come with C6Pro (but not C6) - same as C5/Pro, no? /P

Well I use P7 mostly. Don't own anything earlier (P6, P5, etc.) Messed round with D/S for a bit and didn't care for the interface. The eyes issue is replied to by someone else and also mentioned in the Carrara forum here and confirmed by several users in that same forum. The dual monitor support for Mac's I find out after the fact never worked in C5, and it doesn't work in C6P. You put it in multi monitor mode or use several of the suggested methods of change a setting restart, change another setting restart...when in multi monitor mode none of the pallets function and most likey the program locks up. You can either use a pull down menu at the top and kill the multi monitor process or in several attempts I tried that failed, delete the preference file and start over from square 1 because it was locked up at the splash screen. You think if this was an issue in C5 that wasn't fixed or changed for C6, they would have made mention of it under the system requirements...but they didn't do that. One has to assume if this was a repeatedly reported problem in C5, Mac version they would have fixed it in C6...but they didn't do that. Plus they left the options in place that don't work in C6. Sloppy programming. No transposer is not included in any version of C6. There are comments on the Daz fourms about it costing an additional $100.00. Yet when you read the feature set for C6, on the Daz website it states full support for PZ3's, with no disclaimer that this only covers P6 files, not P7 files. Seems kind of odd to me, when you see content sold on the Daz site that is clearly marked only supports D/S or D/S and the following versions of Poser, or just these versions of Poser..why they didn't do the same and state clearly which versions of pz3's where supported and which were not. I seriously doubt anyone can dispute that DAZ didn't know full well in advance that P7 files were not supported and for reasons only known by Daz management chose to keep their mouths shut. The result causing them customer ill will.

Gary

"Those who lose themselves in a passion lose less than those who lose their passion"