Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: OT Leaving Poser...FOREVER!!!!

wolf359 opened this issue on Sep 02, 2007 · 115 posts

Conniekat8 posted Tue, 04 September 2007 at 6:08 PM

Quote - An example would be Hex 2.2 changing the order of verts and having to use a work around to fix the problem in order to use it. There are quite a few users that like to shout you down and tell you that there is no need to fix it because of the workaround. Companies can use that as an excuse to not fix the bug. Or they will but charge you for it. Hex 3.

I can tell you one thing, I'm in charge of evaluationg an acquiring production applications we use here at the office... From Autocad to 3D studio to dozens other smaller caliber ap's. 
One thing that I definately don't do is buy upgrades the minute they come out. Usually wait 6 months or longer, or even skip a version if needed, to avoind major calamities of buggy releases that seem to be the latest fashion in yearly software releases.

In last 20 years, I haven't seen that much of an improvement from one release to the next to make it worth risk the bugs that can take your production down.

A bug in a software for an individual hobby user can be a major annoyance. For a company employing 20-30 people working on this software, a bug that takes you out of production for an hour or two a day gets to be extremely expensive. It's not investing in new software that costs a lot, it;s the loss of contracts that weren't happy with your product due to 'buggy new software' that can cost you 100's of times the cost of software.

Hi, my namez: "NO, Bad Kitteh, NO!"  Whaz yurs?
BadKittehCo Store  BadKittehCo Freebies and product support