Forum: Vue

Subject: XP Pro 64 bit and Vue

iloco opened this issue on Aug 14, 2007 · 33 posts

sittingblue posted Tue, 04 September 2007 at 9:20 PM

I took a peek at Vue 5i and Vue 4. Vue 4 uses a normal priority. I think e-onsoftware is scaling the processor back due to CPU temperature issues. The temperature problem is why I set-up water coolers on my last three PCs.

So, after I activated XP-64, my VueMark score dropped to:

I went into computer services and disabled a few services. The one service that is consistantly causing a slowdown is: 'WMI Performance Adapter’.  The score with this service disabled:

I was able to reproduce this score on a secondary run. That’s the first time I’ve been able to get a consistent VueMark score.

I went into the msconfig and turned off  ‘nwiz’ and NvMcTray’. When I removed ‘NvCpl’, the render times doubled. I think these other two programs are 32 bit. My VueMark score went to:

I’ve messed around with many background services. In my last test, I achieved better results with the ‘manual’ status instead of ‘automatic or disabled’ on the unneeded services.

Right now I have about 2/3 of the OS’s services disabled.  I think I’ll set some of the services on manual to see if I get a faster render times on a consistent basis.

Charles