Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: OT Leaving Poser...FOREVER!!!!

wolf359 opened this issue on Sep 02, 2007 · 115 posts

Morgano posted Wed, 05 September 2007 at 2:15 AM

*melikia:  it does little good to whine & moan about buggy software that's just been released.  while i agree they should wait until at least 90% of them are worked out, in this world where a hint becomes a rumor becomes a fact becomes an I WANT IT NOW - they speed things up, to the detriment of quality.  In essence, if you buy software within the first year of its release - expect the bugs - you get to play guinea pig.

*You're right, of course.   The only trouble is that one year from now Carrara 7 will be hitting the streets, possibly with the C6 bugs addressed, but with a phalanx of new defects all its own, no doubt.   And the  "I WANT IT NOW" mentality is very largely engineered by the software's vendors (talking generally here, not just about DAZ).

beryld, ZBrush is nothing like either Modo or Hexagon (oh, well, they updated the ZBrush software without updating the product documentation, so ZBrush does have that in common with Hexagon).  

I still think anyone using C6 for modelling will need to be pretty desperate.   Poor old Miki 2 in the C6 Model page looks as if she has just escaped from a nightmare  acupuncture session, jointly administered by Sweeney Todd and Jack the Ripper.