Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: OT Leaving Poser...FOREVER!!!!

wolf359 opened this issue on Sep 02, 2007 · 115 posts

devilsreject posted Thu, 06 September 2007 at 2:03 AM

Quote - That List 99.9% of any one that owns a 3D owns poser also.

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.  Positive thinking is good for the soul, so they say.  I work with at least 10 people who I know for a fact have never even seen the Poser interface (much less used it), and yet most of them have been doing '3D' for the better part of a decade.  Hmmm. Besides, if that were even remotely close, the makers of Poser would be among the wealthiest 3D software manufacturers in the world, because it would mean virtually every single person who own any other 3D app, including those millions of  Blender users, and the over 6 million seats of 3dsmax (legal or not), would also own Poser.  Man, I'd venture to guess that means... pause to factor in the users of Maya, XSI, Houdini, Lightwave, C4D, Carrara, A:M, and all the dozens of other apps... Poser must have a user base in excess of 20 million people or so.  Content creators must be rolling in it!  I'm just kidding of course.  But not really.

Quote - Who don't own Poser,ya know.

Sorry, I must raise my hand in shame.  I was thinking about getting it, but all I ever see in the forum here are complaints, sprinkled with a few words of praise here and there.  Makes for entertaining reading though, if yer bored.

😉