Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: OT Leaving Poser...FOREVER!!!!

wolf359 opened this issue on Sep 02, 2007 · 115 posts

XENOPHONZ posted Thu, 06 September 2007 at 11:20 AM

If Poser were re-written from the ground up, I'd be extremely surprised if all existing content still worked with the program afterwards.  But I have to admit that stranger things have happened.  I just wouldn't bet that way.

I wonder how many (free) Blender downloaders are using Linux?

I downloaded a copy of Blender several years ago.  I had an eye to using it at my job at the time.  It got briefly looked over: I never installed it.  Other distractions mattered more back then.  And now.......?  I've got enough to learn already, and not enough hours in the day to learn it + plus time to do everything else that I have to do.  Blender isn't on my radar screen at the moment, free or not.

Quote - Sorry, I must raise my hand in shame.  I was thinking about getting it, but all I ever see in the forum here are complaints, sprinkled with a few words of praise here and there.  Makes for entertaining reading though, if yer bored.

Oh, I've duly noted flame wars on highend sites, too.  I think that it's more of a human nature thing than it is of a software thing.

As for the shame of not having Poser on your hard drive -- admitting that the problem exists is the first step to fixing it.  You haven't been addicted yet: so you'll need to follow the 12 steps of AA in reverse order -- so that you'll become as addicted as the rest of us.

I once heard a stat that Poser is THE most pirated software in the world.  If that's true, then it's possible that Poser has more than 20,000,000 users.  Too bad for e-frontier that they aren't getting paid for those extra seats.  The president of e-frontier might be among the world's 100 richest men.

Something To Do At 3:00AM