Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: OT Leaving Poser...FOREVER!!!!

wolf359 opened this issue on Sep 02, 2007 · 115 posts

devilsreject posted Fri, 07 September 2007 at 3:03 AM

I'm sometimes amazed by the plethora of misinformation circulating around here regarding highend software, especially coming from some ill-informed Poser users who clearly have, at the very least, only a foggy understanding of what they're talking about.

Quote: "Morphing to make ya mesh look like another girl is a Poser thing."

Whatever.  Morphing in highend apps is extremely common. You move verts around to create a morph target, which is then activated for things like facial expression and articulation in animation.  In 3dsmax we have a Morpher modifier, which allows you to load dozens of morph targets to a base figure.  All the highend apps I know of have something similar.  Just ask the folks over at Weta Digital about the 800+ facial expression morphs created for the Gollum character in LOTR.

Quote: "Ask Artist that has made charter meshes and can show you there meshes how long to make a 3D Mesh girl."*

I can probably model the subD form of a girl in less than an afternoon.  However, that's not including texture mapping and rigging, and it's not including a lot of detail work.  Unwrapping the UVs, and painting detailed texture maps for diffuse, specular, bump, epidermal, subdermal, and reflection can take a couple days.  If I'm using photo textures, then not quite as long, but still not in 8 hours.

Quote: "If thay can not show you a character mesh they made then there not qualified."

Just take a look at my gallery.  Everything except the girl in my Avatar was modelled, rigged, textured, and rendered by me.  The girl I only did the rigging, texturing, and render.