Forum: Vue

Subject: WIP: German Free Energy Device

chippwalters opened this issue on Sep 07, 2007 ยท 52 posts

LMcLean posted Sat, 08 September 2007 at 6:45 PM

Quote - I think when you read exactly what Chipp explained, the wheel is done with a terrain, not via cylinder and displacement mapping. Maybe you try that instead.

Wabe, Yes I seem to have missed that step. Thanks for pointing this out. :) > Quote - LMcLean, Yes, Walther and Peggy are correct. I'm using 16-bit TIF files which can be loaded into Vue on a terrain. One of the cool things about them is I can work with them in Pshop with layers, save them and the layer infor stays intact. Then when I open in Vue, it reads them fine...layers and all. This is a tremendous workflow saver. I just tweak a layer in Pshop, save, then reload the TIF in Vue. No 'exporting' necessary.

This looks like another good thread. IMO it would be impossible to model this amount of detail in any 3D application this fast. Chipp, Forgive me if you've answered this already, but do you find you blur the .tiff image file first in Photoshop or do you use the diffuse in the Terrain Editor to soften the shapes? Do you load the Ambient Occlusion map into the bump channel of the material? Great work and looking forward to seeing your progress. :)