Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Morph Channels and Characters

magnet opened this issue on May 29, 2001 ยท 10 posts

Questor posted Tue, 29 May 2001 at 2:26 PM

The morph channels include any changes you've made to the character face and body and are stored in the pose file itself (pz2). This is not always something you want unless the poses are specific to a character or include facial expressions you want stored. Normall one would save the pose without morph channels because you don't always want the same body or head changes on all the characters you might use that pose on. A friend of mine gets most frustrated with some of the poses he's downloaded from the net, after spending hours working on a character only to have it destroyed by applying a pose that has had morph channels included in it. However, for character creation it's far easier to save the dial positions by using the "save morph channels" option because the pose file is much smaller than a character file. Nearly all of my characters are saved that way, so I can use a stock figure and just apply the character pose and hey presto, all the morph dials are included. This only works with figure files that have the relevant morphs applied though. It all depends a) on what you intend to do with the saved pose. b) whether you want to save all the extra morph dial positions you've added and c) whether you want to apply those dial positions to other models. All the "save morph channels" does is to save the dial positions at their location. So for instance if you created a character by changing the body dials and a dozen other things, altered the face and expression and want to save that, then yes, save the morph channels into the pose file. Otherwise, as a rule of thumb, don't. :) I think that made sense.