Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Vicky has no Gens?

goldvice opened this issue on May 29, 2001 ยท 73 posts

goldvice posted Tue, 29 May 2001 at 11:41 PM

Dcort made a valid point earlier, implying that these models are representations of real objects (please withhold any oversensity to concepts expressed in objective terms). That likeness should be sufficient enough to manufacture the impression of the quintessential form.

Secondly, is the female hand an artistic and valid element in producing aesthetic quality? How about the tose, the feet the ankle, or the buttocks, or the breasts, or the neck, eyes, hair, nose, ears, or any other part. Has the female genital been any less historically necessary for the life of humanity, than say the mouth? Are physics and life any more significant? Nothing is significant in relation to the vast and the void. Everything is significant in that it is all related.

Thirdly, the male characters come stock with a genital. If nothing else, for the purpose of equality.

Unrelated, but pragmatically worded: I had none of the DAZ figures until I bought Vicky 2. Since DAZ does some of the best work in the industry, I expected to see much more a mastery of what they are trying to replicate, meaning a realistic set of gens. It doesn't sound like DAZ is going to do it though, so I may be forced red line my finances to get a the best Vicki gen figure I can find, but there seems to be compromises in switching to a different character base, because I bought Vicki 2 to use Vicki 2, not so I would have to downgrade to Vicki 1 in order to use a gen pack.