Forum: DAZ|Studio

Subject: Surreality's products and DS?

SQ opened this issue on Sep 08, 2007 · 12 posts

Fisty posted Tue, 18 September 2007 at 8:49 AM

Second post on page 2 here:
http://forum.daz3d.com/viewtopic.php?p=967361#967361

I used Surreality's  Kezra in D|S.  The male I used different eyes on.  They all use just the regular surface tab but I did make quite a few adjustments.  (mostly specular and ambient)  All the ones that are different base texture maps work out of the box save for the specular and ambient adjustments, it's the ones that use alternate diffuse to add another pattern on top of the base texture that don't work from the library...  You can get very similar results plugging those alternate diffuse jpg's into the diffuse strength channel but you have to do in manually.

Interesting thing I found doing my last project...  using a texture map in the diffuse strength channel in D|S to add an extra pattern worked great, as expected.  I could export it out as a Poser matpose and it plugged it right in in Poser and worked the same..  however, trying to use that Poser matpose in D|S it didn't plug that jpg in even though it has the ablility to do so. 

So.. even if you just use things in Poser that D|S is quite capable of doing you still need to make D|S format matposes so it'll read everything you want it to...  kind of annoying.