Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Vicky has no Gens?

goldvice opened this issue on May 29, 2001 ยท 73 posts

Dr Zik posted Wed, 30 May 2001 at 10:48 AM

Hi Folks! To a great extent, the genital morphs or props created by Jaeger, Tastiger, Traveler, and others are far better than I think DAZ would have probably supplied anyway. And they have done us all a service by building into their models the kind of possibilities for variety that is just as much a reality for female genitalia as it is for female breasts. If I need to have one, I also have a custom built vulva in .obj form that I use for my private modeling projects. Maybe I'll make it available one day. But here's another perspective. By not providing genitals on its signature female models, perhaps DAZ avoids a potentially risky situation. For the past two academic years I have used Poser as one of the core applications for a 3D Design course I teach. I have to be careful though, because displaying a nude figure in class could be construed as a form of sexual harrassment. I'm wondering whether I should even use Poser in the 3D class I may be teaching to high school students at a camp this summer. I would have preferred a Posette and Vicki with built in and morphable genitals. But since there are no age restrictions on purchasing Poser, DAZ may have decided that it's better not to tread into such murky legal waters. Imagine the bad P.R.--and maybe even lawsuits-- generated from irate parents coming into little Johnny's room while he's building one of his anatomically correct dream girls. Peter (Dr Zik)